Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flood season again

"Daddy I caught a fish!"
"Where from?"
"From under my bed."
Early one morning recently Kimsoeun was woken up by this conversation that our neighbours were having.
Our home is girt by brown stinky water again. This time of year is called rainy season, we call it floody season. Unlike other homes near us, the water hasn't made it inside our house as we are too high. I would hate to have rubbish and sewage floating around on my floor.

Here are some links to some of our flood photos:

The first lot- "Who needs rivers when you've got road like this...?!"3rd day of flood in 2008, i rushed around taking photos as everything looked so amazing and I thought it would only be for a short time- little did i know I had 3 months to go...

Water Log (all the bits on K Extra blog about the flood)
Day 77, Flood 2008 (photos from around campus on that floody day)
Day 83- photos comparing water levels over previous few months (August- Nov 2008)
Photo album from Kronicle Extra blog- all the photos we're put on that blog, many of them are flood ones.



No comments: